Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Big Lebowski - 1998, USA

Have you heard of "doing" the Big Lebowski, while you watch it?

If not, let me enlighten you... Jeff Bridge's character smokes a whole lotta weed and drinks a whole lotta White Caucasians (or White Russians - vodka, kaulua & cream/half n half - apparently meant to be lemonade, which would taste a whole lot better but that's not what Jeff is drinking) in the movie... so every time he has a J, you have one and every time he has a White Caucasian, you have one and ultimately you become so wasted it's not funny and the movie takes you on one hell of a trip.

To set the record straight, I didn't do the Big Lebowski and haven't... but we did do our own version! I know now that he drinks White Caucasians, but before the movie I thought it was Black Russians so I made Jess (my awesome blister), Dave and myself a Black Russian each before the movie and each time he had a drink or a smoke we had a sip... tame I know but fun all the same.

I have watched the Big Lebowski before, maybe I was semi-Lebowskied because the movie I watched the other night was NOT the movie I watched the first time... firstly, I thought Jeff Bridges lived in some kind of palacial mansion - this could have been because I lived in a student flat at the time of the first watching and his apartment was palacial in comparison which is a bit of a worry and secondly I was sure that Mark Wahlberg had a major part... he doesn't even feature! Instead there is Julianne Moore in a viking outfit, John Goodman in the best role of his life and so much bowling that I have the urge to go soon... Jess even had dreams of working at a bowling alley with a bar and TVs playing the Big Lebowski with White Caucasian specials when the movie was playing. Good stuff!

Lastly, however pissed off I get at someone I will never, ever ever piss on their rug. And I am now much more endeared to Jeff than I was after Tron Legacy...

2 down 99 to go

4 comments:

  1. good on you! fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Caitlin, I hope you follow and enjoy the journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know someone called Jeff who would piss on my rug if pissed off, so this makes sense to me in a weird way. *grins*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fascinating. Will definately try the Big Lebowski ;)

    ReplyDelete